The Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Stem Cell Medicine (reNEW) at Faculty of Health & Medical Sciences at the University of Copenhagen is looking for a Postdoctoral candidate to join the Zylicz group starting December 2023 or upon agreement with the chosen candidate.
The position is available in the group of Jan Żylicz at reNEW. The team studies fundamental mechanisms of early mammalian development and stem cell biology. The Żylicz group wants to understand how metabolic and epigenetic mechanisms cooperate to regulate transcription during early development. In particular, the team is interested in how metabolism regulates histone modifiers, and how these in turn affect lineage choice and embryo growth at around the time of implantation. To achieve this, the group utilizes both in vivo mouse models as well as in vitro human stem cell culture systems and state-of the-art ultrasensitive transcriptomic, epigenomic and metabolomic techniques. This project will combine these methods with biochemical and mechanistic analysis.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and outstanding post-doctoral candidate with a strong background in stem cell biology. The candidate will implement cutting-edge genetic and metabolomic assays to unravel how metabolism regulates chromatin states in early development.
- A PhD degree in life sciences
- Documented hands-on experience with pluripotent stem cells is highly advantageous
- Good record of peer-reviewed scientific publications
- Background in genetics, cell biology, metabolism, bioinformatics or epigenetics is an advantage.
- Excellent English skills written and spoken
- Highly motivated and ambitious candidates are encouraged to apply. The position requires solid previous work experience from an established research laboratory or private company.
- A solution-oriented, organizational and positive mindset is required. The ability to work in a highly collaborative international environment both independently and as part of the team is essential.
Interested and want to learn more about this position please follow this link: